Choosing your Fireplace Surround
Nothing adds more to the ambience of a room than the flickering flames of a fire. To achieve this, it’s important to choose a fireplace design which not only frames the fire perfectly, but also complements the interior of your room.
Our fireplaces offer a special focal point to any room. We provide a bespoke fireplace service and a wide range of stone, marble and wood finishes to suit your taste.
Whether you prefer a traditional or modern fireplace design, we have plenty of options available.
Considerations when choosing a fireplace surround
A professionally fitted fire surround can instantly inject character into any room, as well as enhance the value of your home. When choosing a fire surround, you must carefully consider the following points:
- The style you want to achieve
- The size and shape of your room
- Which material you prefer – marble, wood or stone
Recent interior design trends have shown a rise in popularity in bringing the outdoors in, by incorporating elements of nature into the home. From sophisticated oak to antique-style wood, there is a wide range of surround finishes available to suit any living space. As well as creating a warm, cosy feel, a well-made wood surround will prove to be an incredibly durable option which will stand the test of time.
If there is a particular wood finish you are looking for or if you are trying to match the wood furniture in your home, our friendly staff will provide a colour matching service; all we require is a colour sample.
The polished, glossy finish of a marble fireplace surround exudes luxury and transforms the look of any room. As well as being a beautiful addition to any home marble surrounds are easy to maintain.
The colour spectrum for marble fireplaces range from modern colours such as white, black granite, grey to more traditional colours such as cream and beige.
Natural Stone Surrounds
Natural stone has a unique texture and the character of these fireplaces make a bold and lasting statement in any home. All of the fireplaces are made from specially selected stone making each fireplace individual in its own right.
Our range of natural stone fireplaces include:
- Portuguese limestone which is an increasingly popular choice due to its handcrafted finish
- Sandstone is a fabulous stone perfectly suited for elegant fireplace designs
- Travertine is a beautiful stone full of character and charm which will prove to make your fireplace a stunning feature in your home
- Slate delivers on both functionality and style, offering exceptional heat tolerance while creating a luxurious atmosphere in any room
Choosing from our range
Whether you have an awkwardly shaped room/chimney breast or a specific design concept in mind, our bespoke service allows you to choose a fireplace surround made to the exact size, colour and finish you require. Ideally suited for gas or electric fires, our wood, marble or natural stone surrounds can be custom-made to fit with your modern or traditional property.
Some examples from our fireplace range include:
- The more contemporary feel of a designer suite. An example of which is one of our modern widescreen fires with the clean lines of sleek Portuguese limestone surrounds
- A popular, more traditional option is to have an inglenook style fireplace with a brick or stone interior and authentic wood beam with one of our gas or electric stoves
- We have a range of fireplaces that bridge the gap between modern and traditional. For example, you could have an oak mantle with granite back and hearth or a surround from our selection of marble fireplaces
We are always updating our range of fireplaces to show the latest cutting edge designs.