Choosing the Style of Your Fire
Electric Fire Styles
Electric fires are available in a range of designs and functionality, including:
- Inset electric: this versatile design can be installed into an existing fireplace opening or flat against a wall with the depth created in the fireplace
- Free standing: this design requires no fireplace opening, the fire can be fitted against a flat wall or into most fireplaces
- Built-in: built-in fires can be incorporated into a wide range of fireplaces to create a stunning electric suite or fitted into an opening which has been specifically created for the fire without a fireplace giving a modern look
Gas Fire Styles
With a comprehensive range of gas fires available on the market today, there will be plenty of designs to choose from to ensure you find a type which fits your individual taste and budget perfectly. A selection of the most popular designs includes:
- Traditional or contemporary
- High efficiency
- Glass fronted or open fronted
- Balanced flue: where no existing chimney or flue is required
- Hole in the wall: an excellent space-saving solution as well as creating a minimal but beautiful look for your home
- Double sided or tunnel: this special type of balanced flue and hole in the wall fires are see-through for a stunning visual effect
Hole in the wall and built-in fires have no surround or mantel, making them the perfect solution for rooms with limited space. Their no-fuss design means they will complement any modern home seamlessly, as well as proving to be a very energy efficient option.
Don't have a chimney or flue?
If you are looking for a high efficiency, high heat output gas fire but do not have a chimney or flue, balanced flue fires offer a fantastic solution. They can be fitted as either an inset or outset design, with or without a fireplace depending on your requirements.